Resources for Educators
Why recommend a career in the skilled trades, and how to help students learn more about them? Here are some resources to help you both discover and create awareness about the skilled trades:
Provides educators and career counsellors with the facts about skilled trades, and includes activities and lesson plans that will engage students, and get them thinking about pursuing an apprenticeship after high school.
See for yourself why apprenticeship is a first-choice post-secondary option! This dynamic booklet is a quick overview of skilled trades careers that highlights the benefits of apprenticeship as a post-secondary option and profiles young tradespeople and apprentices who are passionate about their career choice.
More Resources from Across Canada
Here are a few more resources from across Canada. Know of a great resource we should share? Send it to us at email@example.com.
- BC’s Industry Training Authority's Educator Webpage
- Posters and pamphlets from Alberta
- Careers in Oil and Gas website
- Grade 10 lesson plans by Ontario's Halton Industry Education Council
- Saskatchewan's Teacher's Package for Grades 10 to 12